Understanding Make Hit Music’s (MHM) Limitations as a Venue
MHM provides a venue for buyers to find, learn about, and enter into transactions with sellers around the world. It is important to note, however, that MHM is not a part of that transaction. By shopping on MHM, you understand that:
- You are not buying directly from MHM, but from one of the many talented sellers on MHM;
- MHM does not pre-screen sellers and therefore does not guarantee or endorse any items sold on MHM or any content posted by sellers (such as music, photographs or language used in listings or shop policies); and
- Each seller on MHM offers different prices, licenses and shop policies.
As a member of the community, you have the opportunity to flag an item or a shop that violates any of MHM’s policies. Flagging is confidential.
Communicating with Other MHM Members
You can use MHM’s Web App Message tool (“Messaging”) to communicate directly with sellers or other MHM members. Messaging is a great way to ask sellers any questions you have about a beat or an order.
Messaging may not be used for the following activities:
- Sending unsolicited advertising or promotions, requests for donations, or spam;
- Harassing or abusing another member;
- Contacting someone after they have explicitly asked you not to; or
- Interfering with a transaction or the business of another member.
Interference occurs when a member intentionally interferes with another member’s shop in order to drive away their business. Interference is strictly prohibited on MHM. Examples of interference include:
- Contacting another member via MHM Messaging to warn them away from a particular member, shop, or item
- Posting in public areas to demonstrate or discuss a dispute with another member
- Purchasing from a seller for the sole purpose of leaving a negative review.
Any use of Messaging to harass other members is strictly prohibited. Similarly, Messages may not be used to support or glorify hatred toward, or otherwise demean people based upon: race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation. If you receive a Message that violates this policy, please let us know right away.
Purchasing an Item on MHM
When you buy from a shop on MHM, you’re directly supporting an independent business, each with its unique listings, policies, processing times, and payment systems. By making a purchase from a seller on MHM, you agree that you:
- Have read the item description and shop policies before making a purchase;
- Have submitted appropriate payment for item(s) purchased; and
- Have provided accurate shipping information to the seller.
Leaving a Review of an Item
Reviews are a great way to learn about a seller’s items and reputation, help good sellers build a strong reputation, or help warn other buyers about a poor experience.
You can leave a review, including a one to five star rating and a photograph of your purchase, for 60 days after your item’s expected delivery date. The estimated delivery date is the purchase date + processing time + shipping time. You can edit your review, including the photograph, any number of times during that 60 day period.
By leaving a review you acknowledge that:
- Your review and/or photograph and profile information will be publicly displayed on the seller’s listing and review pages.
- Reviews and photographs may not:
a. Contain private information;
b. Contain obscene, racist, or harassing language or imagery;
c. Contain medical drug claims;
d. Contain advertising or spam;
e. Be about things outside the seller’s control, such as a shipping carrier, MHM or a third party; or f. Undermine the integrity of the Reviews system.
- Extortion is not allowed on MHM. Any attempt to manipulate reviews through threats, intimidation, or bribery is considered extortion and is strictly prohibited on MHM.Examples of extortion include the following:
a. A buyer leaves a negative review in an attempt to force the seller into providing additional items that were not agreed upon in the original transaction.
b. A buyer leaves a negative review in an attempt to force the seller into providing a refund when a refund is not warranted.
- Shilling is not allowed on MHM. Shilling is the fraudulent inflation of a shop’s reputation by use of an alternate account. The intent of shilling is to make a seller look more desirable by increasing the shop’s number of sales and overall review score. Not only does it violate our core value of transparency, but it is considered to be a deceptive business practice by the US Federal Trade Commission. Reviews must reflect the honest, unbiased opinions, findings, beliefs, or experience of the buyer.
Reporting a Problem with an Order or Requesting a Refund
Buyers should contact a seller directly and attempt to resolve any outstanding issues before contacting MHM Support.
Buyers may file a case for a not-as-described item.
A Non-Delivery occurs when a buyer places an order and submits payment, but does not receive the item. The following are examples of Non-Delivery cases:
- The item was not available for download
Not as Described
An item is Not as Described if it is acoustically different from the audition of your preview music beat and/or the listing description or your music beat.
The following are examples of Not as Described cases:
- The music beat is not the same song as the preview beat
- The music beat has audio tags and callouts throughout the song
- The music beat is 30 seconds shorter than advertised
- The quality of the music beat is not the same quality as the preview beat
Requesting a Cancellation
Only sellers may cancel transactions. Buyers may request that a seller cancel an order via MHM Messaging.
If you have any questions about the Terms, please email us at: legal (at) makehitmusic.com
Last updated December 13th, 2015