MHM is a marketplace where you can sell your digital music directly to buyers around the world. We want to make sure that you and your buyers have a positive experience on MHM. Please read on to find out more about your rights, as well as what is expected of you, as a seller.
What Can be Sold on MHM
MHM is a unique marketplace. Buyers come to MHM to purchase instrumental music beats that they can record their lyrics to, to make what we call Demo Songs or Full Songs (“Derivative Works” for short).
If you list any products for sale through our Services, these policies apply to you.
What Can’t be Sold on MHM
If you use our Services to browse or shop, these policies apply to you. You can read them here.
- Music that you did not create or do not own the copyright to.
- Reselling is not allowed on MHM. Reselling refers to selling music when you were not involved in the creation process. In short, you may not resell items that you were not involved in creating or that you licensed from elsewhere.
- You may not upload beats with audio tags or callouts. Any Producer or Artist found uploading beats with audio tags or callouts will have their membership subscription terminated and all Music permanently deleted from the Site and the MHM Apps. No partial refunds will be given for membership subscriptions lost due to violation of this policy.
Representing Yourself, Your Shop, and Your Listings Honestly
One of MHM’s core values is transparency. Transparency means that you honestly and accurately represent yourself, your items, and your business.
By selling on MHM, you agree that you will:
- Provide honest, accurate information in your About Shop page, should you choose to complete it.
- Honor your Shop Policies, should you choose to publish them.
- Accurately represent your music listings with the audio preview sample
- Respect the intellectual property of others. If you feel someone has violated your intellectual property rights, you can report it to MHM.
- Not engage in fee avoidance.
- Not create duplicate shops.
- Not create duplicate music product listings
Communicating with Other MHM Members
You can use MHM In-App-Messages (“Messaging”) to communicate directly with your buyers or other MHM members. Messaging is a great way for buyers to ask you questions about an item or an order.
Messaging may not be used for the following activities:
- Sending unsolicited advertising or promotions, requests for donations, or spam;
- Harassing or abusing another member;
- Contacting someone after they have explicitly asked you not to; or
- Interfering with a transaction or the business of another member.
Interference occurs when a member intentionally interferes with another member’s shop in order to drive away their business. Interference is strictly prohibited on MHM. Examples of interference include:
- Contacting another member via MHM Messaging to warn them away from a particular member, shop, or item
- Posting in public areas to demonstrate or discuss a dispute with another member
- Purchasing from a seller for the sole purpose of leaving a negative review.
Any use of MHM Messaging to harass other members is strictly prohibited. Similarly, Messages may not be used to support or glorify hatred toward, or otherwise demean people based upon: race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation. If you receive a Message that violates this policy, please let us know right away.
Building a Positive Reputation Through our Reviews System
Reviews are a great way for you to build a reputation on MHM. Buyers can leave a review, including a one to five star rating within 30 days after their purchase and download. Buyers can edit their reviewany number of times during that 30 day period.
On the rare occasion you receive an unfavorable review, you can reach out to the buyer or, if the review is less than 3 stars, leave a response.
Reviews and your response to reviews may not:
- Contain private information;
- Contain obscene, racist, or harassing language or imagery;
- Contain advertising or spam;
- Be about things outside the seller’s control; or
- Undermine the integrity of the Reviews system.
Extortion is not allowed on MHM. Any attempt to manipulate reviews through threats, intimidation, or bribery is considered extortion and is strictly prohibited on MHM. Extortion includes when a seller offers a buyer additional goods, services, or compensation in exchange for a positive review.
Shilling is strictly prohibited on MHM Shilling is the fraudulent inflation of a shop’s reputation by use of an alternate account. The intent of shilling is to make a seller look more desirable by increasing the shop’s number of sales and overall review score. Not only does it violate our core value of transparency, but it is considered to be a deceptive business practice by the US Federal Trade Commission. Reviews must reflect the honest, unbiased opinions, findings, beliefs, or experience of the buyer.
Providing Great Customer Service
We expect our sellers to provide a high level of customer service. By selling on MHM, you agree to:
- Respond to Messages in a timely manner.
- Honor the commitments you make in your shop policies or product descriptions.
- Resolve disagreements or disputes directly with the buyer.
Responding to Requests for Cancellations and Refunds
We ask buyers to contact a seller directly and attempt to resolve any outstanding issues before contacting MHM Support. For this reason, it is important that you fill out your shop policies and regularly respond to Messages from your buyers.
Buyers may file a case for a not-as-described item. You must respond to any open cases within seven days.
A Non-Delivery occurs when a buyer places an order and submits payment, but does not receive the item. The following are examples of Non-Delivery cases:
- The item was not available for download
Not as Described
An item is Not as Described if it is acoustically different from the audition of your preview music beat and/or the listing description or your music beat.
The following are examples of Not as Described cases:
- The music beat is not the same song as the preview beat
- The music beat has audio tags and callouts throughout the song
- The music beat is 60 seconds shorter than advertised
- The quality of the music beat is not the same quality as the preview beat
If you have any questions about the Terms, please email us at: legal (at) makehitmusic.com
Last updated August 17th, 2016